Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Closing Date: 23:59 WIB on 20 July 2022
About the Program
MENTARI (Menuju Transisi Energi Rendah Karbon) is an ambitious four-year programme that aims to deliver inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction in Indonesia, by supporting the uptake of low carbon energy. Led by the British Embassy Jakarta, MENTARI is implemented by PT Palladium International Indonesia in consortium with Castlerock Consulting and Yayasan Hivos. The programme has a specific focus on developing the low carbon energy sector to best support the disadvantaged communities, specifically those in eastern Indonesia. By working closely with the Government of Indonesia and other stakeholders to improve the enabling environment and drive investment, MENTARI will demonstrate the possibilities of low carbon energy for Indonesia’s economic development, job creation and social inclusion while helping to mitigate climate and environmental impacts.
Scope of Work
MENTARI is seeking to engage an individual/company in the role of Notetaker who will be responsible for notetaking duties during meetings and events within the MENTARI Programme.
Under the direction of the Programme Manager and the relevant activity owner, the Notetaker will:
- Perform notetaking duties during MENTARI events and meetings as requested by the activity owner – either online or offline;
- Prepare Minutes of Meetings and/or Verbatim Report, as per requested, using the floor language (English or Bahasa Indonesia) and using the MENTARI document template;
- Conduct quality check to ensure correct spelling, names, and accuracy of content prior to delivery;
- Create and keep audio recording of meetings and events as required to be used as reference in preparing the minutes and/or verbatim reports, and deleted after the deliverable is accepted and approved;
- Use dictionaries and glossaries for references when preparing minutes;
- Consult with the activity owner or any relevant MENTARI staff on unknown terminology or names of meeting participants;
- Ensure clarity, accuracy and consistency in all deliverables using English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Ensure that the requested deliverables are prepared and finalized on schedule; and
- Other duties as required by the MENTARI team.
Qualifications and Experience
The Notetaker is required to possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree in linguistics or relevant disciplines where knowledge in energy sector is an advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a translator/interpreter, preferably working on international development programs and/or within the energy sector;
- Ability to listen and store information while writing or typing with speed and accuracy;
- Advanced knowledge of the grammar and spelling of both English and Bahasa Indonesia languages;
- Familiar with the terminology in the energy sector;
- Experience with MS Office suite of tools;
- Ability to prioritise, multitask, and work independently;
- Able to provide their own recording device;
- Availability to work on a casual, on-call basis and to work within strict deadlines.
Quotations to be submitted using daily rate (half-day & full-day) for online, offline, and hybrid events. Quotations shall also include rates for three options of deliverables: minutes/event summary only, verbatim only, and both.
The half day service is up to 4 hours and the full day service is up to 8 hours. Any additional costs for transport and meals for offline events will be reimbursable. Any travel & accommodation expense required for offline events will be covered by MENTARI.
If your quote is successful, you will be required to enter into the Company’s standard contract for the types of goods or services being provided. In the provision of the Goods and Services, you will be required to comply with the Company’s policies, including (without limitation) its Business Partner Code of Conduct and any relevant Project Manual. Potential suppliers must also comply with the Company’s Business Partner Code of Conduct in the submission of any quotes pursuant to this RFQ.
If you are bidding as part of a joint venture, partnership or similar, please make this clear in your submission. Likewise, if you propose to subcontract any part of the goods or services provision, then disclose this fact within your submission. The Company may require additional information from you and approval for subcontracting will not be automatic as subcontractors will be subject to Palladium’s Due Diligence process.
For further explanation on the tender details, please refer to the full RFQ document below.
Please submit your quotation to Grahito.email@example.com before 23:59 WIB on 20 July 2022.